Featured Post

75 Christians Who Died in 2018

In Memoriam (Listed by Date of Death) Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.  Blessed indeed, that they may rest from t...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Who Am I?

Grace Sight #12 is the song Who Am I?

Tonight I will have the long anticipated opportunity to hear Casting Crowns in concert.  Casting Crowns has an amazing song called Who Am I?, which was released on September 30, 2003 on their debut album called Casting Crowns.  It has won two significant awards as a song.  
  • In 2005 it won the Dove Award for Song of the Year.  
  • On July 26, 2011 the RIAA certified it as a Gold Single, signifying 500,000 units had been sold of the song.  It is Casting Crowns first Gold Single.  
I really never get tired of hearing it and it still bring me goose bumps. In fact, it's one of the select few songs I would like played at my future funeral. My simple mind finds it possible to follow the theology of the words of this song and my soul jumps for joy at its truth. The graceful focus of the song is on the refrain that goes as follows.

Not because of who I am - But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done - But because of who you are.

The following YouTube video presents background to this song in an interview the singers, Mark Hall and Juan Deveva did for New Song Cafe` at worshiptogether.com. You may also appreciate the quieter singing of it without all the other singers and diverse instruments.




One can listen to this wonderful song on another YouTube video included here. This one is actually the most popular one with almost 8 million views. I hope it brightens your day and provides clarity and purpose on the road life takes you down today.




For more information on Casting Crowns visit their website at http://castingcrowns.com/.

This post was updated on August 4, 2011 after the news of the song receiving certification as a gold single.  

No comments:

Post a Comment